Where can i download Useful Forms to support my application?
Which English language tests are accepted by the Department?

The Department Of Immigration And Visa Protection accepts the following English language tests: • International English Language Testing System (IELTS) • Occupational English Test (OET) • Test of English as a Foreign Language internet-Based Test (TOEFL iBT) • Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic • Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) test (also known as Certificate in Advanced English) (CAE) test (also known as Certificate in Advanced English). Applicants should refer to the relevant visa information for specific information. *From 1 January 2015 and only for a Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) test taken on or after 1 January 2015.

What is the points test?

If you apply for a visa to work in Australia or migrate to Australia, you might have to pass the points test. The points test is used to help Australia select people who have the skills and attributes it needs. The number of points you need to pass the points test depends on the visa you apply for. You can be given points for a number of reasons, including your: skills age English language ability occupation Australian work experience and Australian qualifications. To find out more please Contact Us.

What is SkillSelect?

SkillSelect is an online expression of interest service for skilled workers and business people who are interested in migrating to Australia. If you record your details in SkillSelect, you can be nominated for skilled visas by Australian employers or state and territory governments, or you might be invited by the Australian Government to apply for a visa. The following visas must be applied for using SkillSelect: Business Talent (Permanent) (subclass 132) visa Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional) (subclass 188) visa Skilled Independent (subclass 189) visa Skilled - Nominated (subclass 190) visa Skilled - Nominated or Sponsored (Provisional) (subclass 489) visa. Temporary Work (Skilled) (subclass 457) visa Employer Nomination Scheme (subclass 186) visa Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (subclass 187) visa To find out more please Contact Us

How do I lodge an application?

?If you have been nominated through SkillSelect by a State or Territory for a Significant Investor visa and you meet other mandatory criteria, you will receive an invitation to make an application for a Significant Investor visa. You will have 60 days to lodge your visa application using the Department’s electronic lodgement system. If you have not lodged an online application within this time you will be sent another invitation and you will have a further 60 days to lodge your online application. If you receive two consecutive invitations in SkillSelect but do not lodge a valid visa application as a result of either invitation, your Expression of Interest will be removed from the SkillSelect database. You will have to formally resubmit an Expression of Interest to be considered for future invitation rounds.

How many Expressions of Interest can I submit?

There is no limitation on how many Expressions of Interest you can submit in Skill Select. However, you must be able to provide evidence on all the claims you have made to achieve your points score. If you do not accept your invitation we cannot guarantee that you will receive another invitation.

Why do I have to use a Migration Agent?

We @ Oz-world Migration Consultants use only registered migration agents. If you choose to use a migration agent, you should use a registered migration agent. In Australia, agents must be registered with the Office of the Migration Agents Registration Authority (MARA).